Matts

Default excel format cells/Number/Category: Number problem

Hi,
When I trie to Format a cell, in Number Tab, Categorie Number, in the
negative Numbers:
I'm missing the 2 options of ( )
I on ly have 2 choices:
-1234.10
1234.10 (in red)
I need:
(1234.10)
(1234.10) (in red)
But its missing!
Anyone can help me?
Frank Kabel

Hi
create a custom format (the automatic availability of this format
depends on your Windows settings):
0.00_);[Red](0.00)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Matts" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
When I trie to Format a cell, in Number Tab, Categorie Number, in the
negative Numbers:
I'm missing the 2 options of ( )
I on ly have 2 choices:
-1234.10
1234.10 (in red)
I need:
(1234.10)
(1234.10) (in red)
But its missing!
Anyone can help me?

Art

I don't know why that format is missing - perhaps you have a larger problem.

However, you can type #,##0.00;[Red](#,##0.00) in as a custom format, and
that should get you what you want.

Art
Frank Kabel

Hi Art

I don't know why that format is missing - perhaps you have a larger

problem.

this is not an issue but simply due to different Windows regional
settings :-)
Frank

Art

Frank,

Thank you. I noticed that I had put comma's in my suggested format - oops.
I don't know how you keep up with all of the questions you handle -- I've
learned quite a bit from reading many of your answers.

Thanks again.

Art

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi Art

I don't know why that format is missing - perhaps you have a larger

problem.

this is not an issue but simply due to different Windows regional
settings :-)
Frank

Gord Dibben

Matts

If not available in FormatCellsNumber.....

This is a function of your Regional Settings in Windows OS.

StartSettingsControl PanelRegional and Language SettingsRegional
OptionsCustomizeCurrencyNegative Currency Format. Click on drop-down arrow
and select the ($1.1)

Apply and OKApply your way out.

You will have to close Excel then re-open to see effects.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP