Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with a formula

I have a worksheet that has tabs for each month. I want to track the avg use
of a material we use for the last five workingdays... So no problem untill I
need to go look at the previous month tab for that last few days of the
month, to avg with the first few days of the current month. And I want it to
skip the cell if it is empty
So if I want to do a running five day avg, and skip the cell if it is empty,
and look at another sheet, what would that formual look like.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My first question may have been a little confusing.

so basically the formula looks like this,
=IF(K7="","",((Jan!K23+Jan!K24+Jan!K25+K6+K7)/5)) but I need the statement
ito actually start on Row 28 in the Jan sheet and keep going up till it finds
a value to avg. Then just avg only the first 5 values
Donna