-   -   Help with a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/258530-help-formula.html)

Donna

Help with a formula

I have a worksheet that has tabs for each month. I want to track the avg use
of a material we use for the last five workingdays... So no problem untill I
need to go look at the previous month tab for that last few days of the
month, to avg with the first few days of the current month. And I want it to
skip the cell if it is empty
So if I want to do a running five day avg, and skip the cell if it is empty,
and look at another sheet, what would that formual look like.

Donna

Help with a formula

My first question may have been a little confusing.

so basically the formula looks like this,
=IF(K7="","",((Jan!K23+Jan!K24+Jan!K25+K6+K7)/5)) but I need the statement
ito actually start on Row 28 in the Jan sheet and keep going up till it finds
a value to avg. Then just avg only the first 5 values
Donna