Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to return to full worksheet after filtering a colume?

I am using excel 2007 . I am trying to fillter the salemans region data. I
have managed to create the filter that I need. but can't return to the full
worksheet without loosing that filter. What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Generally one will copy the results of the filter to another
location...........maybe a new worksheet?

You cannot "show all" after a filter without removing the filtered results.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 12:06:01 -0800, tbear
wrote:

I am using excel 2007 . I am trying to fillter the salemans region data. I
have managed to create the filter that I need. but can't return to the full
worksheet without loosing that filter. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's a Clear button to the right of the giant funnel/filter icon. You can
click it again to show all the data and still preserve the arrows.

But I'm not sure what you really mean about losing the filter...

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tbear

There are at least 3 methods:

1) go to the column that is filtered, click on the dropdown arrow and select
"Clear Filter"
2) on the top menu, go to HomeEditingSort & Filter and select "Clear"
(this is useful if you have multiple columns that are filtered and you don't
want to have to clear the filter on each column individually.
3) this is a keyboard shortcut held over from XL2003; Alt-D F S. This is
the same as #2 above.

Hope this helps.

rzink