Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CURSOR SHAPE HAS CHANGED

Please Help. Today when I launched 2003 Excel, I found that my cursor has
changed it's shape from the normal default arrow shape, to an animated CROSS
shape for no apparent reason. Can anybody explain this? Thanks, Weep
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cursor is NOT an arrow.

Within the boundaries of the worksheet cells, the default cursor is a fat
white cross.

When pointing to areas of the Window away from the cells it change to an
arrow.

Does yours remain as a fat white cross at all times even when pointing to a
Menu or Toolbar Icon

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 16:22:44 -0800, Weep
wrote:

Please Help. Today when I launched 2003 Excel, I found that my cursor has
changed it's shape from the normal default arrow shape, to an animated CROSS
shape for no apparent reason. Can anybody explain this? Thanks, Weep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gord. My cursor IS an arrow when I'm outside the boundaries of the
worksheet cells, and changes to a fat white cross within the boudaries of the
worksheet cells. Guess I never noticed that before. I don't use Excel that
often.
Thanks again for clearing that up. Weep

wrote:

Please Help. Today when I launched 2003 Excel, I found that my cursor has
changed it's shape from the normal default arrow shape, to an animated CROSS
shape for no apparent reason. Can anybody explain this? Thanks, Weep

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good to hear you're sorted.

Thanks for the feedback.