Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VLookup using lookup table

I have two spreadsheets within a workbook. One one sheet, there is a data
table; the other, a form. The form has a few validation listings.

The first validation list pulls information from the data sheet. Ideally,
what I want to happen is that when a selection is made from this list, a
second list is populated. I have created range names for the information in
the data table sheet along with a lookup table and have the validation source
set as: =INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(F20,tblLook1, 2, 0)). For instance, if the option
of DEPARTMENT is made in F20, the list should be populated with SubDep1,
SubDep2, etc. The cells with the SubDep names do have formulas, and the
lookup seems to have trouble with them (I'm guessing). If I copy the
information and paste the values elsewhere (without formulas), it works just
fine. Is there something else that I need to add to find the values of those
cells or is there another way that I need to use?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.