Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using text to lookup different table arrays in vlookup.

At work I have a number of workbooks that contain a summary page and a number
of other pages all in the same format. Is there a formula which can automate
the table array a lookup function will lookup in the summary page? At
present I have to copy the formula down then change the table_array manually.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have a look at VLOOKUP in Help
Then come back for more info. We will need to know how the data is set out
on the worksheets
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"stuart" wrote in message
At work I have a number of workbooks that contain a summary page and a
number
of other pages all in the same format. Is there a formula which can
automate
the table array a lookup function will lookup in the summary page? At
present I have to copy the formula down then change the table_array
manually.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have checked Vlookup to no avail:

Workbook contains 13 different business segments. Segment 1 to Segment 13.
Each Segment has standardised cost items. Vlookup(a4,segment1!b:e,3,0). My
question is whether I can insert the table lookup (ie. 'segment 1') by having
a reference in the summary page. Eg. if i had a list of all segment names in
cells z1:z13, can i use something like vlookup(a4,z1&"!b:e",3,0)?

Cheers