Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I remove blank spaces from fields

Hi,

I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those
duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are
not recognised as being true duplicates.

My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data?

e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld
nozzaworld
nozza world

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
I assume your information is in column A, then in another column enter

=trim(A1)

Overwrite column A with new column copying as value

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those
duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are
not recognised as being true duplicates.

My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data?

e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld
nozzaworld
nozza world

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")

--
Mike

question.

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those
duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are
not recognised as being true duplicates.

My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data?

e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld
nozzaworld
nozza world

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, but neither of these seem to be working with my records (which are
email addresses) when I copy the values back into column A.

Any thoughts?

Regards
--
nozzaworld

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")

--
Mike

question.

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those
duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are
not recognised as being true duplicates.

My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data?

e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld
nozzaworld
nozza world

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
could you please explain what is not working, Mike formula works for me when
the space is in the middle of the name

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Thanks, but neither of these seem to be working with my records (which are
email addresses) when I copy the values back into column A.

Any thoughts?

Regards
--
nozzaworld