-   -   How can I remove blank spaces from fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/256987-how-can-i-remove-blank-spaces-fields.html)

nozzaworld

How can I remove blank spaces from fields

Hi,

I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those
duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are
not recognised as being true duplicates.

My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data?

e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld
nozzaworld
nozza world

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld

Eduardo

How can I remove blank spaces from fields

Hi,
I assume your information is in column A, then in another column enter

=trim(A1)

Overwrite column A with new column copying as value

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those
duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are
not recognised as being true duplicates.

My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data?

e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld
nozzaworld
nozza world

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld

Mike H

How can I remove blank spaces from fields

Hi,

Try this

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")

--
Mike

question.

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those
duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are
not recognised as being true duplicates.

My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data?

e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld
nozzaworld
nozza world

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld

nozzaworld

How can I remove blank spaces from fields

Thanks, but neither of these seem to be working with my records (which are
email addresses) when I copy the values back into column A.

Any thoughts?

Regards
--
nozzaworld

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")

--
Mike

question.

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those
duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are
not recognised as being true duplicates.

My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data?

e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld
nozzaworld
nozza world

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld

Eduardo

How can I remove blank spaces from fields

Hi,
could you please explain what is not working, Mike formula works for me when
the space is in the middle of the name

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Thanks, but neither of these seem to be working with my records (which are
email addresses) when I copy the values back into column A.

Any thoughts?

Regards
--
nozzaworld

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")

--
Mike

question.

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those
duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are
not recognised as being true duplicates.

My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data?

e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld
nozzaworld
nozza world

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld

nozzaworld

How can I remove blank spaces from fields

It seems to work for short fields like removing the space from nozza world.
However, it does not seem to work with spaces at the end of emails e.g

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Thanks, but neither of these seem to be working with my records (which are
email addresses) when I copy the values back into column A.

Any thoughts?

Regards
--
nozzaworld

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")

--
Mike

question.

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those
duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are
not recognised as being true duplicates.

My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data?

e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld
nozzaworld
nozza world

Many thanks
--
nozzaworld

Eduardo

How can I remove blank spaces from fields

try

=RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""),256)

"nozzaworld" wrote:

Thanks, but neither of these seem to be working with my records (which are
email addresses) when I copy the values back into column A.

Any thoughts?

Regards
--
nozzaworld