Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default opening .xls in 2007 version

Hello,

I'm sending my clients an .xls version saved in 2004 for Mac to their pc
using 2007, xlsx. When they click on the file to open it, they get the tool
bar but just a blue field where the data should be.

What's missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

bseidenstat -

Some possibilities:

(1) Ask your clients to first start Excel 2007 and then use Office Button |
Open to open the xls file.

(2) Zip the Mac Excel 2004 xls file, send it as an email attachment, and
have your clients unzip the file before step (1) above.

(3) Post in the very active microsoft.public.mac.office.excel newsgroup.

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com