Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Format Help Needed

I would like to apply a Conditional Format based on two factors. Currently I
have two different Conditions set up.

Condition 1:
=IF(IF($G2="Ready to Publish",1,0)=1,1,0)
This format successfully works to gray out and cross out text that matches
"Ready to Publish."

Condition 2:
=MOD(ROW()-1,2)=0
This format applies alternating row fills for easier viewing.

While both of these formulas work, my problem is Condition 1 overrides
Condition 2 when "Ready to Publish" is detected. Is there a way to combine
the two formulas so they wouldn't override one another?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(IF($G2="Ready to Publish",1,0)=1,1,0)

For CF purposes, that can be written as:

=$G2="Ready to Publish"

To combine into a single condition, maybe this...

=AND($G2="Ready to Publish",MOD(ROW()-1,2)=0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Scott" wrote in message
I would like to apply a Conditional Format based on two factors. Currently
have two different Conditions set up.

Condition 1:
=IF(IF($G2="Ready to Publish",1,0)=1,1,0)
This format successfully works to gray out and cross out text that matches
"Ready to Publish."

Condition 2:
=MOD(ROW()-1,2)=0
This format applies alternating row fills for easier viewing.

While both of these formulas work, my problem is Condition 1 overrides
Condition 2 when "Ready to Publish" is detected. Is there a way to
combine
the two formulas so they wouldn't override one another?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That doesn't quite work. With that formula, it only works on alternating
rows (much like the alternating row fills work). For instance, if the even
rows are white, and the odd rows are gray-filled, and an even row has the
"Ready to Publish" tag, the text in the even row will not be grayed out.
However, odd rows, given the same circumstance, will be grayed out. I want
that option for all rows.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you need to change the AND in Biff's formula to OR. That way you
will get alternate lines shaded, and any lines which are not shaded
through that will be shaded if column G contains "Ready to publish".
Is that what you want?

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 12, 3:57*pm, Scott wrote:
That doesn't quite work. *With that formula, it only works on alternating
rows (much like the alternating row fills work). *For instance, if the even
rows are white, and the odd rows are gray-filled, and an even row has the
"Ready to Publish" tag, the text in the even row will not be grayed out. *
However, odd rows, given the same circumstance, will be grayed out. *I want
that option for all rows. *

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure I understand what you want formatted.

Can you post an example of some of your data and let us know which rows
should be formatted?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP