Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Gray Sheet - Excel 2003

Hi - Someone (who shall remain nameless) saved changes to an excel
spreadsheet but does not know what the changes were. Now when we open the
spreadsheet it is just a gray screen. It also show [Group] after the
extension.

I can see the data if I enter a column/row in the toolbar box, so it appears
to be 'behind' the gray screen.

I have tried the 'uncheck - Ingnore other applications' that was listed in
previous 'gray screen' questions. But no luck.

anyone have any ideas? Thanks
--
Kate
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

[Grouped]
in the titlebar means that multiple sheets are selected.

And it sounds like the workbook is opening ok, but just not in the visible range
of the sheet window.

I'd try
Window|Arrange|tiled
and resize the way I wanted.

Save the workbook when you're done--or you may be doing it again!

Kate wrote:

Hi - Someone (who shall remain nameless) saved changes to an excel
spreadsheet but does not know what the changes were. Now when we open the
spreadsheet it is just a gray screen. It also show [Group] after the
extension.

I can see the data if I enter a column/row in the toolbar box, so it appears
to be 'behind' the gray screen.

I have tried the 'uncheck - Ingnore other applications' that was listed in
previous 'gray screen' questions. But no luck.

anyone have any ideas? Thanks
--
Kate

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave - Gave that a try, but no change.

Also I just noticed that the right side scroll bar has no movement. The
bottom scroll bar seems to move me across columns, but the side bar will not
move me up and down the rows. Not sure if that means anything.
--
Kate

.