Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WSG WSG is offline

Default Excel macros graphs work on one laptop, but do not on another. Wh

I have macros that generate graphs embedded in a spreadsheet. These graphs
also auto populate a title and series names based on the data. On my laptop
the graph titles and series names populate correctly, on another they
populate with the generic "Chart 1" and "Series 1, Series 2, ...". Is there
a configuration setting or something of the sort that would prevent or affect
the series names and chart titles from populating correctly?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1 Compare Excel product-versions once, if its different on both machines,
install required version to match them with each other.

2 If you are linking formulas from an external file, make sure that the
external file on both machines does not have any mis-matches like
cell-reference or cell-formatting etc.

Pritesh

"WSG" wrote:

I have macros that generate graphs embedded in a spreadsheet. These graphs
also auto populate a title and series names based on the data. On my laptop
the graph titles and series names populate correctly, on another they
populate with the generic "Chart 1" and "Series 1, Series 2, ...". Is there
a configuration setting or something of the sort that would prevent or affect
the series names and chart titles from populating correctly?

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSG View Post
I have macros that generate graphs embedded in a spreadsheet. These graphs
also auto populate a title and series names based on the data. On my laptop
the graph titles and series names populate correctly, on another they
populate with the generic "Chart 1" and "Series 1, Series 2, ...". Is there
a configuration setting or something of the sort that would prevent or affect
the series names and chart titles from populating correctly?

1. Are the both laptops installed same version of excel?
2. Is macro settings configured low on other machine?
3. Are you encountering an error message by excel?
4. Are there any reference formulae linking to other workbook?

please check the following and revert back
Thanks
Bala