Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Replacing a formula with the actual string or number

I have separated a long list of addresses where the street number and street
name are all in one cell. Using FIND, LEFT/RIGHT, and REPLACE, I have now two
columns, the first with the street number and the second with the street name.
But I cannot sort because when I click on a cell, the formula is there, not
the actual data. How do I get the real data in the cell so I can sort?
--
Erik (a Word 2007 user)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure why you cannot sort but to get rid of the formulas and leave the
values.

Select the entire column of formulas then
Copy - Paste Special - Values

(You copy the column then paste special values over top of itself.)

OssieMac