Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getpivot data dynamic reference

Hi all,

I am using the getpivotdata to retrieve data from a pivot table,
the formula contains references to cells $C$4,$D$4 for different items
of the fields of the pivot table, where the user can choose via a
dropdown menu the values.

=GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Volume 1",'Summary 1'!$A$4,"Month",$C
$4,"Country",$D$4)

Would it be possible to do the same for the data field "Sum of Volume
1" and the pivot table name 'Summary 1'!$A$4 as I have different
pivot tables.

I tried the following formula for the pivot table name:
=GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Volume 1","'"&G4&"'"&"!$A$4","Month",$C
$4,"Country",$D$4)
where G4="Sum of Volume 1"

but excel gives me #ref.

any idea?

thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 PivotTable
GetPivotData with drop-down lists.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...02_02_10b.xlsx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Herbert Seidenberg wrote on 02/05/2010 12:59 ET :
Excel 2007 PivotTable
GetPivotData with drop-down lists.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...02_02_10b.xlsx

thanks for this reply! You saved my life (figuratevely speaking)! I've been
searching for this solution for a few hours until I found your solution
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goback View Post
Herbert Seidenberg wrote on 02/05/2010 12:59 ET :
Excel 2007 PivotTable
GetPivotData with drop-down lists.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...02_02_10b.xlsx

thanks for this reply! You saved my life (figuratevely speaking)! I've been
searching for this solution for a few hours until I found your solution
Hi there, I have a similar problem with Getpivot and reference, but nothing works so far for my excel. Would be so kind and have a look pls?
Thnx

=GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[COUNT]",'PIVOT SHEET'!$A$3,"[Country].[Zone Name]",$A$2)
example
http://goo.gl/mXJNJm