Buttaflye

Default My brain hurts...

I don't even know where to begin with this one. I have information that
needs to go into some form of a chart--any chart. I need to show the number
of departments in several buildings that are compliant with rules from Jan
thru April. Basically, from what I can see, I need to have three axis:
month, building, and number. What graph should I use and how should I go
about doing this?
Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

Buttaflye wrote:

I don't even know where to begin with this one. I have information that
needs to go into some form of a chart--any chart. I need to show the number
of departments in several buildings that are compliant with rules from Jan
thru April. Basically, from what I can see, I need to have three axis:
month, building, and number. What graph should I use and how should I go
about doing this?

One approach is a simple 2 axis month and number chart. And put
multiple lines on it, one for each building.

Alternatively there are bar chart approaches which would show multiple
bars at each month - one for each building.

What looks good to the eye depends on how many of various data points
you have.

Good luck....

Bill
Gary's Student

Most managers and administrative types love trend charts. So you can create
a set of charts with time (month) as the x-axis (bottom axis). The first
chart could be a progress summary chart that shows compliance vs
non-compliance for your whole organization (all buildings and all
departments. This progress summary chart would show overall progress trends.
Then you could have a set of individual progress charts showing how either
departments or builds became more or less compliant over time. Finally you
could have a status chart for the last month in your data to show a
comparison of departments or buildings in that last month.
--
Gary's Student