Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel formula

Range is b3:af3 I want to total entries that would have s=2 in a cell or s=5
in the range. I cannot get the formula to work .. Any suggestions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

maybe...
=countif(b3:af3,"s=2")
or
=countif(b3:af3,"*"&"s=2"&"*")
if s=2 can be in a cell with other text.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rick,

You need to clarify this (well for me you do). What precisely is in these
cells, is it a text string s=5 etc or something else?
--
Mike

question.