BillCPA

Default Special Characters on Labels

What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent
sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels?

--
Bill @ UAMS
Nick

Try formating the label with the Wingdings font (or other similar symbol
font) and entering the appropriate character.
See Character Map in Windows for keys.

Nick

"BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS wrote in message
What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent
sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels?

--
Bill @ UAMS

David McRitchie

Hi Bill,
More specifically, I think you want
the Symbol font char 167 - 170 for card suite,
the cent symbol is probably Char 162 in your normal font,
the arrow symbols are in Wingdings and Wingdings 3.
http://wwww.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/htm/fonts.htm
---
HTH,

"Nick" wrote in message ...
Try formating the label with the Wingdings font (or other similar symbol
font) and entering the appropriate character.
See Character Map in Windows for keys.

Nick

"BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS wrote in message
What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent
sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels?

--
Bill @ UAMS

BillCPA

My problem is I want to combine some normal characters with some special
(Wingding/Symbol) characters. If you are playing with a cell, you can use
'Start' and 'Length' to set various characters with varying characteristics.
But I can't find a way to set the first few characters in a
Label.Caption/Label.Font to normal, and then set a couple of characters to
Symbol or Wingding.

--
Bill @ UAMS

"Nick" wrote in message ...
Try formating the label with the Wingdings font (or other similar symbol
font) and entering the appropriate character.
See Character Map in Windows for keys.

Nick

"BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS wrote in message
What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent
sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels?

--
Bill @ UAMS

David McRitchie

Usually this is done by selection on the formula bar.

But you can record a macro while changing such things on the
formula bar and see the changes in a macro.

Sub Macro8()
ActiveCell.Formula = "abc def ghi jkl a"
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font
.ColorIndex = 3
End With
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=9, Length:=3).Font
.ColorIndex = 34
End With
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=17, Length:=1).Font
.Name = "Wingdings 3"
End With

---
HTH,

"Nick" wrote in message ...
Try formating the label with the Wingdings font (or other similar symbol
font) and entering the appropriate character.
See Character Map in Windows for keys.

Nick

"BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS wrote in message
What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent
sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels?

--
Bill @ UAMS

Dave Peterson

I didn't see anything that would allow me to do character by character
formatting for a label on a userform.

How about another option--put pictures on the form. If you only have a few
different captions to support, you could add the text to few cells, format it
the way you like and save them as pictures.