Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert table to a single column

Hi,
For Excel 2007
Two question:
I have a table with5 rows and 7 column with few blanks in the table. I want
to convert the table into a single column. I have 59 cell like this and I
want to convert all of them.

Second, After wards I need to sort them from low to high in each column. I
know sorting is easy by sort function but when I select multiple column to
sort it only sort the first one.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As you did not mentioned anything about "closing the gaps":
a) Name the Range A1:G5 [5 rows, 7 columns] as: DATA
b) in Cell H1 type and copy down until H35:
=INDEX(DATA,IF(MOD(ROW(),ROWS(DATA))=0,ROWS(DATA), MOD(ROW(),ROWS(DATA))),INT((ROW()-1)/ROWS(DATA))+1)
Micky