Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating drop down lists with multiple options?

I am trying in vain to create a drop down list where users can select more
than 1 choice. For example, if the choices in a list which i named are as
follows:

Blue
Red
Green
Yellow
Purple

How does one have the option to select any of the colors by themselves or
any combination of all of them up? For example, if the question is what is
your favorite color? How can a user choose Blue OR Red and Blue OR Red, Blue
and Green and so on?

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That will require multiple cells. One cell will only hold 1 value. Any single
cell solutions are going to be more complicated than it is worth.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"acf33" wrote:

I am trying in vain to create a drop down list where users can select more
than 1 choice. For example, if the choices in a list which i named are as
follows:

Blue
Red
Green
Yellow
Purple

How does one have the option to select any of the colors by themselves or
any combination of all of them up? For example, if the question is what is
your favorite color? How can a user choose Blue OR Red and Blue OR Red, Blue
and Green and so on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

so i can't create a drop down with check boxes and allow more than one choice
or it becomes an exercise in reprogramming excel (which im not capable of)?
i'm trying to organize a decent amount of data and do it correctly from the
outset.

"acf33" wrote:

I am trying in vain to create a drop down list where users can select more
than 1 choice. For example, if the choices in a list which i named are as
follows:

Blue
Red
Green
Yellow
Purple

How does one have the option to select any of the colors by themselves or
any combination of all of them up? For example, if the question is what is
your favorite color? How can a user choose Blue OR Red and Blue OR Red, Blue
and Green and so on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event
code.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017

Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same
cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP