Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Deleting Duplicated Data by Cell

I have two columns, each column contains email addresses. Column A is the
master list with about 26k entries and Column B is the comparison list with
about 19k entries.
I would like to delete any Cell in column A that has the same address as ANY
cell in Column B.
I have tried using the delete duplicate values tool in Excel and for some
reason it doesn't work.
I am not able to use the method of creating a Unique list of values as I do
not want any values from Column B ending up in my master list.
I have tried Conditional Formatting then Deleting by format via VB but
conditional formatting doesn't really alter the actual format of the cell or
font.
I have found several potential examples of how this might be accomplished
but none of them have been successful.
I am able to use any solution whether formula or macro based.

Thanks in advance for your time in solving this puzzle.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 26, 12:50*pm, Fleone wrote:
[...]

A simple VLOOKUP between your two list will do the trick.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With helper column C...
In C2, put this formula:
=ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,B:B,0))

Copy down as far as needed (to match list A). Autofilter helper column to
find "TRUE" values. Select cells A2:A65536 (or however long is needed). Now,
press Alt+; to only select the visible cells.

Remove the AutoFilter so that we can delete single cells. Now, with the all
those unwanted cells still selected, press Ctrl+- (the minus symbol). This
will bring up the "Delete" dialogue and you can choose to delete only those
specific cells.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M