Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default date of birth or blank cell?

Hello,
this may sound simple, but i have a date of birth in one cell, I want to
show the age or a blank cell if empty (no dob) next to it. What formula
would i use?
Many thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey,

I have trying to find a formula to do this for ages, however i need a
formula that will do the excact amount of time. ie for a child who is not
yet 1 years of age. and still leave spaces where3 there is no date in the DOB
colum.

Can you help with this?

"KrisP" wrote:

Hello,
this may sound simple, but i have a date of birth in one cell, I want to
show the age or a blank cell if empty (no dob) next to it. What formula
would i use?
Many thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want the age in days rather than years, try
=IF(A1="","",TODAY()-A1&" days")

If you want a more complex output from DATEDIF, look at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx
--
David Biddulph