Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Birth date from age

I periodically have a situation where I know the ages of a list of people and
need to convert the ages into birthdates.

i.e. Age 43 - instead of manually calculating that this persons birthday is
approximately 1/1/1964, how do I enter a formula to change the age into a
birthdate?

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=date(year(today())-a1-1,1,1)

assuming the 43 is in a1

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"JP6262AMY" escreveu:

I periodically have a situation where I know the ages of a list of people and
need to convert the ages into birthdates.

i.e. Age 43 - instead of manually calculating that this persons birthday is
approximately 1/1/1964, how do I enter a formula to change the age into a
birthdate?

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Fantastic! Thanks so much!

"Marcelo" wrote:

=date(year(today())-a1-1,1,1)