Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I create a form in Excel that I can send to be filled out?

I want to create a form in Excel that I can send out so people can fill it
out electronically and then send it back to me. I need lines in the form and
when I add lines I have to widen the column and then it messes up the
previous wording. I know it can be done but not sure if I have to protect
it, create a template (how do I do that), or lock some of the cells. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For lines have you considered simply bottom borders?

i.e. wording in A1 bottom borders on B1:E1

Or lines drawn from the Drawing Toolbar.

No need to widen any columns.

Save the workbook and send it out to users to fill in and send back after
they save it under a new name.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:34:01 -0800, PurseGirl24
wrote:

I want to create a form in Excel that I can send out so people can fill it
out electronically and then send it back to me. I need lines in the form and
when I add lines I have to widen the column and then it messes up the
previous wording. I know it can be done but not sure if I have to protect
it, create a template (how do I do that), or lock some of the cells. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi PurseGirl.

Please check out my web site:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

- and go to item number 42 where I show you how to set up and use a Form.

I think this is what you want (but am not sure).

Thanks.