Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel shared workbook

whenever we save a shared document, we could see a temporary file is created
with file name of 8 characters. for eg: A0020785
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And the question is??? FYI saving a file is not controled by XL it is
controlled by your operating system. XL just makes a request to the OS to be
saved. The OS performs the save...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Share workbook" wrote:

whenever we save a shared document, we could see a temporary file is created
with file name of 8 characters. for eg: A0020785

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim Thanks for the reply!!!

I have office 2003 installed in my desktop. We have a Server where excel
files are copied so multiple people can access and update the worksheet. Some
of the excel files are shared using share workbook option present in Excel
application. But there are some files with unknown format which are created
in the folders, all these unknown files can be opened in excel. Not sure how
these unknows file with 8 character junk file name is getting created. Do you
have any idea?

Thanks
Roshan

"Share workbook" wrote:

whenever we save a shared document, we could see a temporary file is created
with file name of 8 characters. for eg: A0020785

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Previous reports here of similar issues when anti-virus software is
scanning the excel files being opened, resulting in the creation of
temporary files not getting deleted.

"Share workbook" wrote:

whenever we save a shared document, we could see a temporary file is created
with file name of 8 characters. for eg: A0020785

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, we avoid using that product due to the problems it causes with PC
operation.