Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Countif with multiple criteria

I've looked at the other posts with a similar subject but haven't found one
that really fits the criteria of my problem. I have a spreadsheet that, in
row 7 columns G-BB has cells which will hold Point values for questions.
They are merged two at a time and the first cell (i.e. G7, I7, etc) is the
one that shows up in the Cell Name block at the top of the window. Below
those cells, in rows 8, 12, 16 and 20, are response codes. The second of the
two columns (i.e. H, J, etc) holds either a "C" or and "I" to indicate
Correct or Incorrect for each quizzer (represented by the various rows). I
want to count cells for which the point value is 10 and the question response
code is "I". Seems simple except for this, for some of the groups of cells
the first cell (i.e. G8) in the grouping for the quizzer may also contain the
letter "I" for some questions (which I'll need to access but for a different
purpose). So, in cell BG8, I need formula which will count the number of
times an "C" appears in the second column of a group (row 8) AND a "10"
appears in the first column of the same group (row 7). In cell BG9, I will
be checking for "I" and "10" (same cells). Any assistance would be great!
Thanks.