Nither1

Default Using Excel, how do I replace cells containing blanks with nulls?

I plan to use an Excel spreadsheetand cut and paste data into a database. I
need to replace blank cells in the spreadsheet with nulls. How can I
accomplish this?
Peo Sjoblom

Select the range, press F5, special and Blanks, press enter, now type
whatever you want and press ctrl + enter

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Nither1" wrote:

I plan to use an Excel spreadsheetand cut and paste data into a database. I
need to replace blank cells in the spreadsheet with nulls. How can I
accomplish this?

Myrna Larson

If I understand you correctly, Excel doesn't support the concept of the NULL
data type that you have in a database. To get that you may need to run a macro
from the database to replace, say, a "flag" value with a database NULL.