Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default rotate a sheet on its axis

255 columns is not enough for me. I'm wondering if there is a way to rotate
my sheet 90 degrees so my columns are now rows and rows are now columns.

Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 15, 12:30*pm, sramsey
wrote:
255 columns is not enough for me. *I'm wondering if there is a way to rotate
my sheet 90 degrees so my columns are now rows and rows are now columns.

Thank You

Copy all your data then Paste Special (with the option transpose
checked). It will do exactly what you need.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy, then right-click, paste special, transpose.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"sramsey" wrote:

255 columns is not enough for me. I'm wondering if there is a way to rotate
my sheet 90 degrees so my columns are now rows and rows are now columns.

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy, Paste Special, Transpose

sramsey wrote:

255 columns is not enough for me. I'm wondering if there is a way to rotate
my sheet 90 degrees so my columns are now rows and rows are now columns.

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found that option, but due to the design of this thing it's just not going
to work. I'm going to need over 1000 columns. Any other ideas? A 'rotate
sheet' option would be sweet.

Thanks

"sramsey" wrote:

255 columns is not enough for me. I'm wondering if there is a way to rotate
my sheet 90 degrees so my columns are now rows and rows are now columns.

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Upgrade to XL 2007 (or 2010)?

Earlier versions have hard limit of not being able to have more than 256
columns (as in, you can't trade rows for columns). You'ld have to design your
sheet to be row based, rather than column based.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M