Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table date format

The "data" worksheet has the correct date format -mm/dd/yy. There is no time
stamp

When in the pivot table worksheet the date is showing up as :00, :01,
:02...... What appears to be a truncated time format.

I have tried to set the date format in both the data worksheet and the pivot
table worksheet with no changes evident. The data worksheet will change but
this is not carried over to the pivot table worksheet.

Setting the format in the pivot table worksheet has no effect.

Any suggestions??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Irene, I have just tried to reproduce the error that you are seeing in
EXCEL 2007 but all seems OK to me.

I set up a Custom Date format (mm/dd/yy) and applied it to both the
underlying data and the Pivot Table and both looked OK to me.