Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ria ria is offline

Default Removing digital signature

I saved a workbook with a digital signature, but now want to remove it so I
can edit the workbook. When I try to remove the signature, signature is
"invalid" and I get a message saying it can't be removed because workbook is
read only. Message says "to add or remove signatures, enable editing, save
changes & try again." How do I enable editing? Most of my options are greyed
out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
You can remove a digital signature from a Microsoft Office document that has
been digitally signed.

Open the document that contains the signature you want to remove.
Click the Microsoft Office Button
point to Prepare, and then click View Signatures.
In the Signatures task pane, point to the signature that you want to remove,
click the arrow that appears on the right, and then click Remove Signature.
When you are asked if you want to permanently remove the signature, click
Yes.

"ria" wrote:

I saved a workbook with a digital signature, but now want to remove it so I
can edit the workbook. When I try to remove the signature, signature is
"invalid" and I get a message saying it can't be removed because workbook is
read only. Message says "to add or remove signatures, enable editing, save
changes & try again." How do I enable editing? Most of my options are greyed
out.

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post

"ria" wrote:

I saved a workbook with a digital signature, but now want to remove it so I
can edit the workbook. When I try to remove the signature, signature is
"invalid" and I get a message saying it can't be removed because workbook is
read only. Message says "to add or remove signatures, enable editing, save
changes & try again." How do I enable editing? Most of my options are greyed
out.
To remove a signature,Open the document that contains the signature you want to remove.Click the Microsoft Office Button right-click/Control-click the signature field and choose Clear Signature Field.To remove all signatures in a PDF, choose Clear All Signature Fields from the Options menu in the Signatures panel.

electronic signatures

Last edited by martincrow : March 25th 11 at 05:47 AM