Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ann ann is offline

Default Missing text

I copied a paragraph from Word and used Paste Special to paste it to an Excel
document. I selected TEXT from the options in the Paste Special dialog box.
Now I can see only part of the text, but when I hit F2 to edit it shows all
of text. I have expanded my row to allow for the size of the paragraph.

The only formatting I have done is to wrap text and merged cells to allow
for the size of the test. I have also expanded my row to allow for the size
of the text.

Any thoughts as to why I see all the text when I hit F2, but only part of
the text when viewing it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can place 32767 characters in a cell but Excel will display or print
only 1024 of these characters.

You will see all of them in the formula bar.

Add and Alt + Enter every 100 or so characters to increase that displayed
limit.

Don't bother merging any cells. That just makes a larger cell with the same
limits as any single cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP