Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VLOOKUP output

Hi. I need to use an if formula

If the VLOOKUP formula in the "list" sheet doesn't find any information in
the "price" sheet, I want to use an IF formula to get information from
another column in the "list" sheet.
But if the VLOOKUP formula cant find any information in another sheet but
the output is (in swedish) #saknas! (I think it returns #N/A in english) so I
cant use the IF formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

VLOOKUP should be ideal for that. Don't use IF.
Please post your formula and inputs. Is the lookup table sorted?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Freddie" wrote in message
Hi. I need to use an if formula

If the VLOOKUP formula in the "list" sheet doesn't find any information in
the "price" sheet, I want to use an IF formula to get information from
another column in the "list" sheet.
But if the VLOOKUP formula cant find any information in another sheet but
the output is (in swedish) #saknas! (I think it returns #N/A in english)
so I
cant use the IF formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In English (with my USA settings):

=if(isna(vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:c,2,false)),
vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:c,3,false),
vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:c,2,false)))

(if it's an error, then use column 3, else use column 2.)

Freddie wrote:

Hi. I need to use an if formula

If the VLOOKUP formula in the "list" sheet doesn't find any information in
the "price" sheet, I want to use an IF formula to get information from
another column in the "list" sheet.
But if the VLOOKUP formula cant find any information in another sheet but
the output is (in swedish) #saknas! (I think it returns #N/A in english) so I
cant use the IF formula.

--

Dave Peterson