Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Validation List (Drop Down) Not Showing

I have a validation with drop down list in it but the drop down is not
showing. I can go into the cells with the validation and it shows that it is
set up to be a validation with list. The source of the list is correct. The
drop down worked at one point but now it doesn't. Did I format the cells in
a way that does not allow for validations with lists?

Any help is appreciated. I have been fighting with this off and on all day.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

check you have option to show objects turned on. in excel 2003 it in View
section of excel options.

"Dave" wrote in message
|I have a validation with drop down list in it but the drop down is not
| showing. I can go into the cells with the validation and it shows that it
is
| set up to be a validation with list. The source of the list is correct.
The
| drop down worked at one point but now it doesn't. Did I format the cells
in
| a way that does not allow for validations with lists?
|
| Any help is appreciated. I have been fighting with this off and on all
day.
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

check you have option to show objects turned on. in excel 2003 it in View
section of excel options.

I have the same problem with a particular workbook, but not with
others. It's Excel 2003.

For ViewObjects, "show all" is selected.

Under DataValidation, "In-cell drop-down" is selected.

Anything else that should be examined to bypass the problem?