Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Time dependant Excel Macro

If macro's cannot be run from an excel spreadsheet without it being open, if
i transferrred the data to some sort of Access workbook would i be able to?

For example i want my macro to run at midnight, but obviously without the
sheet being open i can't do this. Does microsoft Access have this ability?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use Windows Task Scheduler to start up Excel with a Command line to open the
workbook,which will then run the macro then save your work and shut down
Excel.

See Windows help on Task Scheduler and Excel help on startup switches.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP