Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting information from a database with a macro

Hello and a happy New Year to all excel enthusiasts!

I've got a question to start the year off:

I've got a database on a tab of my worksheet (called "database") from which
I want informations to be extracted into another table on a different tab
(called "orders").

What I want to happen is this:

- I input the individual number of one of the articles on the "Orders" Tab
in cell A1
- run the macro
- relevant information is taken from the database and inserted into the new
table (eg. today's date, brand, price, etc.)
- the individual number is deleted out of the original A1 cell

Can anyone help me? I realise excel is probably not the right program for
this but I cant use acess and this is only for a small project.

Thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Take a look at Advanced Filter.
Debra Dalgleish has some excellent examples and downloadable files at
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs
http://www.contextures.com/ProductsListOrder.zip

--
Regards