Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop Down list Formula Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

Hello,

I am currently creating an annual leave formula for the company I work in
and I need help.

I have created 4 headings

Holiday. Lieu.Sick. Other.

And I need to create a drop down list containing; Holiday: All Day, Holiday:
Half Day AM, Holiday: Half Day PM, Lieu Day: All Day, Lieu Day: Half Day AM,
Lieu Day: Half Day PM, Sick, Other: All Day, Other: Half Day AM, Other: Half
Day PM.

I know how to create the drop down list but I need to create a value for the
Days, ex. Holiday: Half Day AM. would equal 0.5 when selected from the list
and show as 0.5 under the Holiday column.

And when I select Other: All Day, it would equal 1.0 under the Other Column.

Can someone please help me on resolving this issue as I have created my
spreadsheet but am unable to get past this stage.

I appreciate any forthcoming help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably use a VLOOKUP formula with Holiday configurations in a column and
the value for that configuration in the next.

The formula would look something like this:

=VLOOKUP(Drop down cell,F1:G4,2,0)

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"2010" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=VLOOKUP(Drop down cell,F1:G10,2,0)

This may be a bit closer to the proper formula as you have about 10
configurations and I allowed for only 4 in the previous formula.

Regards,
Howard

"2010" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not to disparage your efforts LH but I'm not sure what's required here.

Definitely VLOOKUP is a good place to start but...............

I keep looking at this and realize that OP may have one dropdown list and
wants the selections' values distributed into 4 columns depending upon
choice of Holiday, Lieu, Sick and Other

Can OP cofirm that?

Where is the dropdown list located?

If OP(2010) wants to send me the workbook and some explanation I'll have a
look at it.

gorddibbATshawDOTca change the obvious.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"2010" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If OP does not respond we may never know.

Gord

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:07:06 -0800, "L. Howard Kittle"
wrote:

For sure I was shooting at something over the horizon...<bg

.. .