Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default Drop Down list Formula Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

Probably use a VLOOKUP formula with Holiday configurations in a column and
the value for that configuration in the next.

The formula would look something like this:

=VLOOKUP(Drop down cell,F1:G4,2,0)

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"2010" wrote in message
Hello,

I am currently creating an annual leave formula for the company I work in
and I need help.

I have created 4 headings

Holiday. Lieu.Sick. Other.

And I need to create a drop down list containing; Holiday: All Day,
Holiday:
Half Day AM, Holiday: Half Day PM, Lieu Day: All Day, Lieu Day: Half Day
AM,
Lieu Day: Half Day PM, Sick, Other: All Day, Other: Half Day AM, Other:
Half
Day PM.

I know how to create the drop down list but I need to create a value for
the
Days, ex. Holiday: Half Day AM. would equal 0.5 when selected from the
list
and show as 0.5 under the Holiday column.

And when I select Other: All Day, it would equal 1.0 under the Other
Column.

Can someone please help me on resolving this issue as I have created my
spreadsheet but am unable to get past this stage.

I appreciate any forthcoming help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.