Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 date problem when saving as 2003

OS windows 7 ultimate 64bit and Office 2007 uptodate
i have a 2007 workbook which has a date column with this values
12/1/2009
11/1/2009
10/1/2009
9/1/2009
but i want to save it as a 2003 workbook and when i do it i get this error
"Significan loss of functionality" and the values that are displayed in the
date column appears like this
40148
40118
40087
40057
this is driving my crazy i already look at my computers date format run the
office diagnostic tool but no luck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dates showing a serial numbers result from two things:
Cell have wrong format - you have checked that
Worksheet is in "Display Formulas" mode; try CTRL+` (the key next to 1 on
top row)
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"villandro" wrote in message
OS windows 7 ultimate 64bit and Office 2007 uptodate
i have a 2007 workbook which has a date column with this values
12/1/2009
11/1/2009
10/1/2009
9/1/2009
but i want to save it as a 2003 workbook and when i do it i get this
error
"Significan loss of functionality" and the values that are displayed in
the
date column appears like this
40148
40118
40087
40057
this is driving my crazy i already look at my computers date format run
the
office diagnostic tool but no luck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your reply i have try what u just suggest and not luck
also im receiving this error when i try to save the file

"This workbook contains more unique cell formats than are supported by the
selected file format. Some cell format will not be saved"

any more ideas?
thank you

"villandro" wrote in message
OS windows 7 ultimate 64bit and Office 2007 uptodate
i have a 2007 workbook which has a date column with this values
12/1/2009
11/1/2009
10/1/2009
9/1/2009
but i want to save it as a 2003 workbook and when i do it i get this
error
"Significan loss of functionality" and the values that are displayed in
the
date column appears like this
40148
40118
40087
40057
this is driving my crazy i already look at my computers date format run
the
office diagnostic tool but no luck

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ok i figure out a workaround since i cannot save a file from excel 2007 to
2003 without getting this formatting error i created a new file and copy all
the old stuff to the new file i did Paste Special and chose Microsoft Excel
8.0 Format and now it seems to work but still i cannot just hit save as 97 -
2003 format cuz it will not format the date

hope if somebody has the same problem this might help