Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default OLAP filters from cells

Hi,

not sure if my title makes sense, but I have a spreadsheet that has multiple
pivot tables accessing the same cube. I want to apply the same filter to all
pivot tables, preferably from a cell on a different worksheet.

I am realitvely inexperienced with Excel, but do not seem to be able to find
a reference to this functionality on the web. It may be that I am asking the
wrong questions.

The version of Excel is 2007 and I am connecting to SQL 2008 Analysis
services.
Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks Jason
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Will all of the pivot have the same filter built in and you just want to set
it via code?

If so, try something like

With Activesheet

.PivotTables("PivotTable2").PageFields(1).CurrentP ageName =
Range("A1").Value
End With

---
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jason" wrote in message

not sure if my title makes sense, but I have a spreadsheet that has
multiple
pivot tables accessing the same cube. I want to apply the same filter to
all
pivot tables, preferably from a cell on a different worksheet.

I am realitvely inexperienced with Excel, but do not seem to be able to
find
a reference to this functionality on the web. It may be that I am asking
the
wrong questions.

The version of Excel is 2007 and I am connecting to SQL 2008 Analysis
services.
Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks for the response. You have answered my question in that I need to
write some VBA. My current knowledge of Excel ends when we drop in to VBA.
However with your input I will go away and learn what I need to put your
answer in to practise.

Once again thanks for your help

Jason

.