Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Taking the Zeros out of an array when displaying

HI I am using a spreadsheet over several sheets to show a statement of account.

I can use:{=IF(Order!C2:C23="n",Order!B2:B23,0)} to produce an array that
checks column C for an "n" and displays the date (unpaid invoice date as it
happens) from column B. A zero is inserted if there is no "n"

I would like to know if there is a way to ONLY display the non-zero cells:
12/12/09
14/12/09 etc rather than

0
0
12/12/09
0
0
0
14/12/09

That is showing at the moment.

Many thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions - bit of a novice in over
my head!

Bullytt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

{=IF(Order!C2:C23="n",Order!B2:B23,0)}

What is the *exact* location of that formula?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bullytt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI - and thanks for a response.

The formula is for the cell range B19:B32 (used ctrl+shift+enter)
This range is on a sheet called "Statement" which is why I have to go to
sheet "Order" to fetch the data.

Hope that makes sense!

Bullytt

"Bullytt" wrote in message
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula is for the cell range B19:B32

Enter this array formula** in B19:

=IF(ROWS(B$19:B19)COUNTIF(Order!C$2:C$23,"N"),"", INDEX(Order!B:B,SMALL(IF(Order!C$2:C$23="N",ROW(Or der!C$2:C$23)),ROWS(B$19:B19))))

Copy down until you get blanks.

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bullytt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Superb stuff! - I managed to work out enough to use the same formula for
different columns in "Order".

Would this formula be the best place to add another condition?

There is an input in c16 on the same sheet for a customer number - this
number (to be matched against Order column D) should filter the results again
(the first filter being whether there is an "n" in "Order column C"

Once again many thanks for the first formula - I certainly would never be
able to create a solution like that!

Regards,

Bullytt

"Bullytt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We can use the same basic formula with some minor tweaks.

Since there are now 2 conditions let's use a cell that will count how many
records meet the conditions.

Enter this formula in B18:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Order!C2:C23="N"),--(Order!D2:D23=C16))

Then, the array formula in B19:

=IF(ROWS(B$19:B19)B$18,"",INDEX(Order!B:B,SMALL(I F(Order!C$2:C$23="N",IF(Order!D$2:D$23=C$16,ROW(Or der!C$2:C$23))),ROWS(B$19:B19))))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

The formula is for the cell range B19:B32

Enter this array formula** in B19:

=IF(ROWS(B$19:B19)COUNTIF(Order!C$2:C$23,"N"),"", INDEX(Order!B:B,SMALL(IF(Order!C$2:C$23="N",ROW(Or der!C$2:C$23)),ROWS(B$19:B19))))

Copy down until you get blanks.

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
SHIFT
key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff

[...]