Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default COPY WORKBOOK KEEPING FORMULAS AND TEMPLATES, BUT LOSING THE DATA

I want to be able to copy a 2009 file, keeping all the formulas and
templates, but I also want to erase all the data--without having to go into
each cell and delete it. Is this possible, and how can I do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure if you mean workbook or worksheet, and assuming you mean you want to
keep formats...

Are you meaning an Excel 2007 file? If so, from the home tab, on the right,
just left of the Sort & Filter, click the drop-down on the eraser. Select
Clear Contents.

"cecorjon" wrote:

I want to be able to copy a 2009 file, keeping all the formulas and
templates, but I also want to erase all the data--without having to go into
each cell and delete it. Is this possible, and how can I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"cecorjon" wrote:

I want to be able to copy a 2009 file, keeping all the formulas and
templates, but I also want to erase all the data--without having to go into
each cell and delete it. Is this possible, and how can I do it?

To clarify, I want to create a new 2010 file, and begin entering new
data--again without first having to delete all of the 2009 data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"cecorjon" wrote:

I want to be able to copy a 2009 file, keeping all the formulas and
templates, but I also want to erase all the data--without having to go into
each cell and delete it. Is this possible, and how can I do it?

I'm sorry. I used to think I was a clear communicator, but I realize what I
wrote was confusing. I am actually using Excel 2003, I have a file that has
data for the year 2009 in it, and is titled . . . 2009. I now need to create
a new file for the year 2010, and I need to use the same templates and
formulas, but obviously I will be entering new data. So, rather than just
duplicating the year 2009 file, and then deleting its particular data as I
go, I just want to copy the templates and formulas--not the old data. As far
as whether it is worksheets or workbooks that I am dealing with, I believe
workbooks is the correct term. I actually want to create a new excel file and
label it . . . 2010. Does that make sense? Any help you can give me will be
greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the workbook then on each worksheet............

F5SpecialConstants.

De-select what you want to keep like Text if you have titles.

Then OK and EditClear Contents.

Data will be gone but formulas remain.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP