Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SinnetBS

Default Excel 2002; copy formulas to one workbook to another diff data

Greetings.
I have Excel 2002 and extrapolating specific data from a very large data
file (i.e. finding out how many people answered "1" in a certain question,
averaging survey answers, etc. There are 8 sets of information I need to grab
from the data, which I plan to do in different workbooks. I created sort of a
template workbook (but using data) wherein one worksheet ("A") contained the
set of information to be calculated, and the other worksheet ("B") contained
the formulas and calculate data. I then opened a new workbook, copied
worksheet "B," and replaced the "A" data with the "C" data (data is laid out
exactly the same between sets). I was hoping the formulas would recalculate
with worksheet "C" data without me having to individualy re-do each formula.
It doesn't seem to be working. I tried naming worksheet "C" worksheet "B" to
match up with the original formulas, but it seems the formulas are just
linking back to their original file.

Please help me save lots of time and effort. Thanks in advance for any
assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Sinnet

Try this trick..........

With your saved workbook1 open and worksheet "B" active go to EditReplace

What: =

With: xxx

Replace all.

Copy to workbook2 and reverse the EditReplace.

Close workbook1 without saving.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP