Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Arranging a data in required format

Hi,

I have attendence data of all the employees in sequence of swipes done on
the machine.
Eg.
Employee Number Date Time
1 - 11/29/2009 - 08:32:20
3 - 11/29/2009 - 08:37:59
9 - 11/29/2009 - 08:46:21
5 - 11/29/2009 - 08:57:59
9 - 11/29/2009 - 08:59:21
3 - 11/29/2009 - 18:37:59
9 - 11/29/2009 - 18:46:21
5 - 11/29/2009 - 18:57:59

This continues for all the days. I wish to reorganize this data in following
format for all the employees:-

Dates
Employee Number 11/29/2009 11/30/2009 12/01/2009
(all employees listed) In Out In Out In
Out
1
2
3
4
5
6

Important conditions:-

1) If there are more than two swipes on a day it should consider first swipe
for in and last for Out.
2) If there is just one swipe per day it should show as In swipe and out
must be shown as "-".

Pls. guide on this preferably using VLOOK/ MAtch.. or any other way more
suitable.

Regards,
Vaibhav

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I sent OP original ans in .public

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Vai_Maha" wrote in message
Dear Don,

Thanks for your response, however I am new to these forums and not able to
trace it. Can you pls. forward me the link to the forum.

Regards,

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Perhaps you should FIRST check your post YESTERDAY in the .public forum
where you got answers.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel