Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2003 xla Add In Macro convert to 2007?

Hi,
I've created several custom toolbars as an .xla add-in and distributed them
to various people in my company. This appears to be one of the better
methods for sharing macros (un excel 2003).
We're planning to convert to 2007 and I'd like to know what will happen to
these macros, what I may need to do to keep them working and if there is now
a better way in 2007 to share custom macros.
Thank you!
Karin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have an add that was created in earlier versions of excel (before the
ribbon). My addin creates the toolbar when it opens and destroys it when it
closes.

In xl2007, the toolbar shows up in the Addins tab of the ribbon.

How did you create the toolbar? Via code or manually?

Saved from a previous post:

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, Dave -- I used your code from the Contextures web site to build my
toolbar - and thank you very much for that, it's a wonderful tool!
Thank you for the response, I will review everything you recommend.

Karin wrote:

Hi,
I've created several custom toolbars as an .xla add-in and distributed them
to various people in my company. This appears to be one of the better
methods for sharing macros (un excel 2003).
We're planning to convert to 2007 and I'd like to know what will happen to
these macros, what I may need to do to keep them working and if there is now
a better way in 2007 to share custom macros.
Thank you!
Karin

--

Dave Peterson
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've seen other people recommend this, too:

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/freeware.htm
From Mike Alexander

I haven't used it, though. (I still spend 95% of my time in xl2003, so I can
live with the toolbar in the Addins tab.)