Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sluggish response with Excel 2003

Hi,
I'm experiancing really sluggish behaviour every time I carry out a function
when working with Excel 2003. I'm having to wait 30 sec's or more and it's
infuriating. Can anyone help?
--
Wayne.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Wayne

there could be a myriad of reasons why the performance is sluggish.
Take a look at Charles Williams site and look through his Optimisation
procedures for speeding up performance.
http://www.decisionmodels.com/

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Wayne" wrote in message
I'm experiancing really sluggish behaviour every time I carry out a
function
when working with Excel 2003. I'm having to wait 30 sec's or more and it's
infuriating. Can anyone help?
--
Wayne.

signature database 4734 (20100101) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4734 (20100101) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, Thanks for the advice. I have looked at the site you referenced but
without purchasing something it wasn't vey helpful. Mine is not a consitant
problem. Some applications work fine but most start of ok and then go to this
"Sluggish" mode where no matter what function i'm undertaking I have to wait,
significantly wait, until it completes. How do I optimise or unchecksomething
in order to enjoy a standard resposne time?
--
Wayne

"Wayne" wrote in message
I'm experiancing really sluggish behaviour every time I carry out a
function
when working with Excel 2003. I'm having to wait 30 sec's or more and it's
infuriating. Can anyone help?
--
Wayne.

signature database 4734 (20100101) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4734 (20100101) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Wayne

Without purchasing anything, Charles Williams does offer a lot of useful
pointers to areas which can slow down performance of the spreadsheet.

If the problem is not specific to any particular workbooks, then maybe you
need to clean up your hard disk and empty the temporary folders. Also,
clearing out the Prefetch folder in Windows often helps (it will rebuild
itself as you use successive programs).

There is a free product called CCleaner, which will carry out these tasks
for you
http://www.ccleaner.com/

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Wayne" wrote in message
I'm experiancing really sluggish behaviour every time I carry out a
function
when working with Excel 2003. I'm having to wait 30 sec's or more and
it's
infuriating. Can anyone help?
--
Wayne.

signature database 4734 (20100101) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 4734 (20100101) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 4736 (20100101) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4736 (20100101) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Wayne wrote <<I'm experiancing really sluggish behaviour every time I carry
out a function when working with Excel 2003. I'm having to wait 30 sec's or
more and it's infuriating. Can anyone help?

Has sluggishness always been a problem with your computer?
Has sluggishness always been a problem with your Excel?
When was the problem first apparent?
If the problem is only with one spreadsheet did it appear after you made a
structural change or added a lot of data?

This will help to determine what may have caused the problem.

Bill R