Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I hide the equations from the cells in Excel?

I want to hide all the equations which I wrote, and it is allowed when you
enter the right password.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cell(s) with formulae in and then Format | Cells |
Protection tab and click on Hidden. Then when you apply Tools |
Protection | Protect Sheet and give a password (twice) your formulae
will not be visible. Note, though, that Excel's protection is pretty
weak and can easily be broken.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 30, 10:59*am, Saif wrote:
I want to hide all the equations which I wrote, and it is allowed when you
enter the right password.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can also enter your formula via a name and hide that name, so, for
example, if you had a formula:
=VLOOKUP(A1,$B$2:$C$100,2,FALSE), for example, you could enter a name such
as "MyFormula1" which is defined as =VLOOKUP(A1,$B$2:$C$100,2,FALSE), and
then you can enter =MyFormula1 in the cell. Then using a 1-liner in the
immediate window of the VBE, you can enter:
thisworkbook.Names("Myformula1").Visible=False
then it won't show up in the Name manager/defined name list