Cal

Default Subtotal Tool

Hello,
I have a question about using the Subtotal tool.
I have a list of products that clients buy.
Sometimes clients own this product numerous times.
So I want to be able to subtotal the amount of items they own in
particular. This is fairly simple & I know how to do this.
My question is, is there a way to use both the average function &
the sum at the same time.

For example:

http://www.jungleduck.com/pictures/ExcelImage.jpg

I want to total the amount of Tide they own, but I want to know the
average price they paid for it. I can only figure out how to get the
subtotal tool to either average the price paid OR total the amount.
Is there anyway to do what I want? Or is there a way to easily &
quickly do it using something other than the subtotal feature?

Thank you guys!

Franz

"Cal" ha scritto nel messaggio

Hello,
I have a question about using the Subtotal tool.
I have a list of products that clients buy.
Sometimes clients own this product numerous times.
So I want to be able to subtotal the amount of items they own in
particular. This is fairly simple & I know how to do this.
My question is, is there a way to use both the average function &
the sum at the same time.

For example:

http://www.jungleduck.com/pictures/ExcelImage.jpg

I want to total the amount of Tide they own, but I want to know the
average price they paid for it. I can only figure out how to get the
subtotal tool to either average the price paid OR total the amount.
Is there anyway to do what I want? Or is there a way to easily &
quickly do it using something other than the subtotal feature?

You can do easily with subtotal instruments:
add your first subtotal, say amount, then run again Subtotal Instruments and
in the dialog box uncheck the checkbox "Replace existing subtotals" and add
the other subtotal, say average.

--
Hoping to be helpful...

Regards

Franz

To reply translate from italian InVento (no capital letters)

Cal

Thank you, that worked.

I am wondering now if there is a way to get all the data to show on
one line?

It says now:

Amount.....Item.....Avg.

But I would love it if I could get it to display

[b:8a1030c508]Amount.....Item.....Avg.[/b:8a1030c508]

Is this possible?