Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Windows 2003 Environment and Microsoft Office Excel temp files

Hello Everyone

Im having a issue with a Windows 2003 Environment and Microsoft Office
Excel files.

We have a few excel file then when edited create the normal temp file. The
problem we are having is that the temp file is not going away after the file
is closed. This is not causing a issue at all but does fill the directories
with temp files and seems to be intermittent on what files it does and did
not do this for a new file.

I have confirmed the permissions on the directories and they are correct so
Im not sure what to look at next.

Anyone have any ideas? This is a regular 2003 environment with two file
servers and DFS running to another server.

Thank you,

Trish
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Trish,

The only other time I encountered this it wasn't an Excel issue it was the
anti-virus software running on the machine that was causing it.

Mike