Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default Eliminate Colon and Space

Hello,

I have a column of data that returns data that looks like this:

: CMCKX

I need to eleminate the colon and the space with a formula.

Can you help?

Thanks
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim,

Try this

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(":",A1)+1,LEN(A1)))

Mike

"Jim" wrote:

Hello,

I have a column of data that returns data that looks like this:

: CMCKX

I need to eleminate the colon and the space with a formula.

Can you help?

Thanks
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you trying to remove those characters permanently from the cell
containing them (as opposed to putting the values without them in some other
column, which is all a formula can do for you)? If so, you can use
Edit/Replace from the menu bar... just select all the cells in the column,
use colon/space (type those two characters) in the "Find what" field, leave
the "Replace with" field empty, and then click the "Replace All" button.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)