Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I make my Excel invoice template work with Office 2007?

I have put some serious hours into to trying to make this invoice template
work with Office 2007 and Windows 7. It came originally with Office 97 and
Office 2000 and was designed by Village Software for Excel usage. What is
nice about it is that it has a visual basic database attached to it to track
fields of data on the invoice. I have tried everything to make this darn
thing work and I really need it for my business. The file names that I copied
over to Windows 7 a

INVDB.XLS
TMPLTNUM.XLS
WZTEMPLT.XLS

I pasted these files into location C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft
Office/Office12/Library as some on the net have suggested to do in XP (except
it would be Office11). I have successfully performed this feat in XP with
Office 2003 but not Office 2007 in Windows 7. Keep in mind that I did change
the file location of INVDB.XLS in the template but everytime I try to save
the file it says "cannot locate ...INVDB.XLS". I also do not get the number
toolbar to sequentially increase the invoice number manually.

Has anyone successfully made this awesome template work with Office 2007? I
know it can be done unless the VBA between the two Office versions are not
compatible.

I even created new folders for placement of the above three files in C:
/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/Library and no go.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Anyone considering helping the OP should be aware that the same query has been cross-posted to various forums and the OP is
unwilling to let on about this until a solution is provided - no matter how much re-inventing the wheel people in each forum might
go through to get there. For further info, see:
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.c...1584417&page=1
http://www.sqldrill.com/excel/miscel...ce-2007-a.html
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/ex...ce-2007-a.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/software/...late-work.html
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437800

Note also that a new copy of the product retails for a paltry US$30-50 and it isn't designed for use with Office 2007 or later
anyway (it uses a custom Excel 97-2003 toolbar). The maker's website makes this limitation quite clear.

--
Cheers
macropod